Monday, July 11, 2011

The Truth About The Beach And Hair

This time of year, we read the phrase "sexy, beachy waves" SO many times in magazines, but here's the truth: Not all of us develop Giselle-like bombshell hair the moment we step onto the sand. Just check out these funny descriptions of not-so-hot beach hair from our readers!

0712-beach_hair_bd.jpg

When I asked our readers to describe how their hair looks at the beach in a previous post, here are some of the responses I got.

I have naturally very straight hair, short hair. With bangs. None of which work in my favor at the beach. I usually bring a headband and try to pull it all back, but I always end up looking like some mangy, homeless dog. NOT a cute look, I can assure you of that.

When I go to the beach(and get my hair wet) I look disheveled and like I have not discovered a brush in my 24 years on this earth. I think cave women had better hair than I do at the beach.

My hair is super wavy naturally(even in the dead of winter in WV, I have beachy waves just from air drying it with some mousse), so it ends up in ropey tendrils. It can go either way....either really attractive, or I look like I rubbed my head with a balloon, depending on if I remember to spray in some leave in conditioner.

My hair just looks mangey at the beach. I put it back, every time.

The moral: If your hair doesn't look so hot at the beach, that's OK (and totally normal)! Just sweep it back into a bun and enjoy your time in the sun.

Now it's your turn to chime in: What does your hair tend to look like at the beach? Better? Worse? Weird?

More Ways to Get Glamour:
NEW! Now You Can Read Glamour on Flipboard!
Download Glamour on your iPad—print subscribers, it’s now part of your subscription plan!
Like freebies? Enter the latest Glamour sweepstakes.
Sign up for our fashion and beauty newsletters to get easy style tips (it'll make your inbox 10x sexier, we promise).
One more PS: Did you know you can now read glamour.com on your smart phone?! It’s the ultimate boredom buster.

Photo: Thinkstock

No comments:

Post a Comment